guess what? no asparagus in my recipe today. i know shocker.
ok this tequila lime marinade is awesome. totally makes this dish. totally. so make sure you set your chicken out and marinade it..got it. i told you right away so you won’t forget
and those that know me know that i love tequila and well tequila loves me – most of the time -spring break 2012 did not go so well. hahahahaha. and this is even more funny since really i am too old for spring breaks but when with sisters in nashville it just becomes one. cheers.
ok back to the food. i loved these burritos. i ate them for lunch for three days…maybe even longer. it was just so easy to put together and i am a lover of beans and rice…did i get you to sing… “red beans and rice didn’t miss her” haha love that song babygotback hahahahaha i am loving this.
oh the recipe you want that?
- FOR THE CHICKEN MARINADE
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- zest of 2 limes
- juice from 2 limes which should be about 1/4 cup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- FOR THE BURRITOS
- really anything goes i added:
- 1 cup of black beans
- 1 cup of sweet corn
- spanish rice
- grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly torn cilantro
- other ideas:
- shredded lettuce
- In a glass bowl whisk tequila, olive oil, lime zest, lime juice and salt. Pour marinade over chicken to marinade. Place in fridge for as long as you can.. at least a couple hours. Ok you want those flavors to get into the chicken.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Heat a large oven-safe skillet – I used my cast iron skillet - over medium-high heat. Add some olive oil so chicken won’t stick. Place chicken into skillet and cook on both sides till golden brown about 3-4 minutes per side. Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Remove and shred chicken with two forks so you don’t burn your fingers.
- To make the burritos, place the tortillas in the hot oven for a minute or two to warm up or nuk for a few seconds. This will make them soft so easier to wrap up and won't tear. Top each tortilla with chicken, beans, corn, rice, cheese and cilantro. Or any of the other ingredients you wish to add. Wrap up and enjoy!
recipe from how sweet it is
and if at all possible buy Non GMO corn. please people please.