i am on a muffin kick…. these muffins
and i’ve made two other different types of mini muffins since.
they have been perfect for the boys…breakfast, school snack, after school snack, treat for sunday school class…gosh my list goes on and on.
plus they are super easy to make. you don’t need muffin liners and i just fill my mini muffin tin using a melon baller.
i made them a bit healthier then the original recipe i found at allrecipes.com
love how you can see all the oats in them.
- 1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Rolled Oats
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3/4 Cup rice milk, or regular milk is fine
- 1/3 Cup Applesauce
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Mashed Bananas
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Combine the flour, oats, baking powder, soda, and salt in a glass bowl.
- In a seperate mixing bowl beat the egg, sugar, milk, applesauce, and vanilla. Then add in the banana mix to combine.
- Spray a mini muffin pan non-stick baking spray. Using melon baller scoop batter into each muffin cup.
- Bake for appx. 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
recipe adapted from Allrecipes