in my opinion one can never have too many banana bread recipes. there are so many wonderful versions out there.
with this one i was searching specifically for a mini muffin recipe. i wanted to make these to take to my son’s school for their morning snack.
some banana breads can get so crumby…and i didn’t want a big mess for the teacher.
some have lots of sugar in them…and i didn’t want that for the teacher either.
and some recipes i came across i just didn’t have all the ingredients on hand.
then i found this recipe from the naptime chef. and in her blog post it said “for school”. perfect. just what i needed. for school. not much sugar. and she claimed moist and chewy.
i went for it. and the naptime chef did not steer me wrong. i have made these three times. yes three times! i next made them for a snack for my son’s flag football practice then again for my 2nd grade sunday school class for their snack….had a few leftover and took a plate to our neighbors.
this recipe makes 24 mini muffins. great number to share with a group of kids.
they are not a crumbly mess. they are so good. as i am typing this i am thinking of actually making these again
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 small bananas, mashed with a fork - about 1 cup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda dissolved in 1 Tablespoon hot water
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips - optional but not really :-)
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Spary or line a mini-muffin tin.
- In a small bowl mix the flour, nutmeg, and salt, and set side.
- In a mixer cream the butter and sugar. Add the egg and mix. Next mix in the mashed bananas.Then add the dissolved baking soda and mix well.
- Turn you mixer on low and slowly add the flour and mix together. If you are going to add mini chocolate chips add now and mix in.
- With a small scooper add scoop to each muffin cup.
- Bake for 15 or until the muffins are golden brown.
recipe from the naptime chef
so if you are looking for a great snack for school…or anywhere type of snack. or just a great banana bread muffin. these will not disappoint.
you are so welcome my mommy friends share and enjoy.