this was another (remember the tray baked chicken?) successful dish from Jamie Oliver’s Meals in Minutes
hubby and the kids really liked this meal…i am not a red meat-eater so i am taking their word on it and the fact that we didn’t have any leftovers on the success of this dish.
- 1 pound organic ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 red onion
- 2 carrots
- 3 celery stalks
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 4 cloves garlic - crushed
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- small bunch fresh parsley
- In a large frying pan over medium-high heat begin browning the ground beef. add salt and the fresh thyme. Next drizzle with some olive oil. Once the beef is golden add the rosemary leaves, crushed garlic and Worcestershire sauce. Stir together.
- While the beef is cooking peel and halve the red onion. Dice the carrots and celery. Add to the beef mixture. Cook until slightly softened. You don't want mushy vegetables.
- Next finely chop the parsley.
- Serve and enjoy
may not be pretty…but hubby said it was great!