i wanted a home good style type of meal…comfort at its best. plus I roasted a chicken earlier in the week and needed to use the leftovers up.
super simple meal.
but what is the most exciting part of this meal is my oldest son LOVED it. like crazy LOVED it.
wanted lots packed in his lunch for school…then finished up the leftovers for dinner the next night.
I thought the meal was good but he REALLY thought it was good
so i hope your family enjoys as much as he did.
- 1 tube of pillsbury biscuits - I used the smaller biscuits
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken or mushroom
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1/2 stick of butter, melted
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix soup and sour cream together on the stove top. Just enough to heat through. This will help your biscuits to come out less doughy.
- In a 8x8 baking dish pour the gravy mixture.
- In a glass bowl stir together the melted butter, chicken, and mixed vegetables and milk. Pour over the gravy mixture. Then sprinkle with the shredded cheese.
- Put biscuits on top in a single layer. Of the 8 biscuits I used 6 of them...which I flattened them out to cover more area. But feel free to use them all if you like more biscuits.
- Cook for 20-30 minutes or until the biscuits on top are golden brown and dish is hot and bubbly.
recipe slightly adapted from Marie’s Cooking Adventures